Garages serve many purposes — they are storage spaces, areas for pursuing home projects and even play areas at times, but they can also pose security and safety challenges. Follow these garage door safety tips to keep yourself and your belongings secure.
- Always keep the garage door opener button away from small children.
- Remind young children that garage door remote controls are not toys.
- Review the owner’s manual for your garage door and read about its emergency release features.
- Every month, check the door for signs of wear and inspect rollers, cables, springs and pulleys. If you notice an issue, contact our professional service team for garage door repair in Buffalo instead of attempting repairs yourself.
- Teach your children to never place their fingers between sections of the garage door, or shop for panels that cannot pinch.
- To keep your belongings safe, never leave your garage door partially open.
- Only purchase garage door parts in Buffalo from a reputable contractor.
To learn more about how our garage doors can keep you and your home safe, or to consult with one of our team members about garage door repair in Buffalo, contact Crawford Door of WNY Inc today at 716-668-2252!